YMCA YOUTH ECO INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
This position is being funded through the Youth Eco Internship Program (YEIP). This program places unemployed people aged 15 to 30 from diverse backgrounds into paid internship opportunities within the non-profit and community services sector in Canada with a focus on the environment. These positions, offered in a wide range of organizations, will help young Canadians learn the skills required to gain and sustain future employment within the sector.
- Act as support staff to take part in Hamilton Eat Local’s public events
- Help with presentations, such as film screenings of food related films across the city
- Offer presentations to interested stakeholders, supporting our work with HPIN and other initiatives
- Collaborate on writing a smoothie handbook for city-wide distribution
- Other tasks in support of Hamilton Eat Local’s new “Operation Smoothie”
- Interns will report to the Project Manager and will also need to submit progress reports to the YEIP on a regular basis