FEBRUARY 25 COMMUNITY FOOD FESTIVAL (noon to 6pm) & FARM FAIR (sorry, cancelled) sponsored by the Community Food Security Stakeholder Committee (CFSSC) and the Hamilton Farmers' Market
Spend some time with special guest, food writer Lynn Orgryzlo who will be selling and signing copies of her amazing new book, The Ontario Table, a fine resource that covers regions right across the province, including ours!! Community groups interested in food will have displays up to introduce their programs at the Hamilton Farmers’ Market Community Kitchen.
11:00 - 11:30 am - Karen Burson answers the question "What Is Food Security?"
- The Ontario Table book signing with Lynn Ogryzlo: noon - 4pm
- 30-minute cooking demos: "Cooking with the Councillors" with Katie Stiel of Environment Hamilton & Cable 14 and Karen Burson of Hamilton Eat Local
- Noon Councillor Robert Pasuta
- 1pm Councillor Brenda Johnson
- 2pm Councillor Brian McHattie
- 3pm Councillor Jason Farr
- Meet some of your community food organizations and learn about their activities
- Free admission to all events!
Drop in before or after your Rural Routes Farm Bus Tour, if you will be on the trip Juby has organized, visiting Ian Graham's Old 99 Farm!
FEBRUARY 25 RURAL ROUTES: Permaculture at Old 99 Farm – the newest in a series of our award-winning Farm Tours, led by Juby Lee of Hamilton Eat Local, a project of Environment Hamilton.
Farmer Ian Graham will lead a tour of his farm and answer questions about his sustainable farming methods. Tickets are: $7 for adults and $5 for seniors/children 12 and under, and will be sold at Homegrown Hamilton - 27 King William Street (former Bread & Roses Cafe).
Rain or shine. Tickets are non-refundable.
Cash only, please!