Environment Hamilton presents….
Rural Routes for 2013!
Join us as we tour local farms and learn from local producers that are growing and raising local foods and goods.
Schedule for 2013:
On Sat. May 25th we are heading to Alpacas from Eighth and Mud to check out their annual shearing demonstrations.
Other highlights include:
* This east end farm has enlisted the help of some weavers to demonstrate the art of weaving and hand spinning.
* The 4H club will be showing off how Alpacas can be led through obstacle courses.
* Plus! Gorilla Cheese will be there selling their tasty cheese sandwiches!
Sat. July 20th - Weir's Lane Lavender and Apiary
* they produce and sell around 100 different lavender and bee related products.
* including a culinary line include many delights: lavender chocolate, scones, shortbread, hot cider, lavender tea, lavender hot chocolate, honey from our hives and more!
* plus their very own creams, cleansers, shampoos and other items for your body and your house. And more! NOTE: there is a beekeeping operation on site.
Tickets: $8 for seniors
$10 for adults
Tickets will be available at Homegrown Hamilton (27 King William St.)
Departure at 10:30am sharp at Homegrown Hamilton.
Rain or Shine.
For more information, contact Juby at: 905-549-0900 / email Juby at firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to Smart Commute Hamilton and Homegrown Hamilton